Month 3, Day 16, 5 ABY, 11:27 PM

Spanish Civil War 2.0

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Amorn

Amorn

• Members
  • 188 posts
Well while you Americans moan about irrelevant bullshit of seems the Spanish have decided to help out the world and give us the final "EU Killing event," this time in the form of inventing a pointless country. I suspect Madrid will take direct control within the week and then we may see a full scale breakdown in order. Hopefully the crisis can drag the EU down with it, certainly has the potential and this is perfect timing with the Brexit talks ongoing.

See here I was putting all my faith in Italy or Greece to be the saviour but it was the lazy Iberians, it's true what they say "nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-41493014
  • Srip likes this

WitchDoktor

WitchDoktor

• 595 posts

I hope good ole Felipe drops the hammer on them. 

• Itake likes this

Round 6: Telos IV
Round 7: Ralltiir
Round 8: Sluis Van
Round X: Chiss Ascendancy, Sub Avatar
Round 11: Head Military Avatar, Skako
Round 12: Head Military Avatar, Head GPOL Avatar - Awards: Most User-Friendly Avatar, Best Overall Avatar, BH's 'Member of the Round' Award
Round 13: Neimoidia/Viceroy/HoS-CIS/Restart Team/Sub-Avatar - Awards: Best Arms Market
Round 14: Chiss Ascendancy, LOA
Round 15: Chief of Staff
Round 16: Corellia
Round 17: Chiss Ascendancy
Round 18: Induparan Crown Worlds/Coruscant - Awards: Most Politically Successful, Most Militarily Successful, Best Overall Player
Round 19: Ciutric Sector
Round 20: Seswenna Sector
Round 21: Mandalore, Eriadu Union State
Round 22/23: Head Avatar, Security Ops/Policy Avatar, Advisor, Senex-Juvex/Combined Syndicates/Ravnican Empire - Awards: Most Military Successful Player, Best MILI Action, Tekaryn Award for Multiple Personalities.

Round 24: Allied Tion/United Kingdoms of Tion

Round 25: Admiral Ackbar/Alliance Fleet

Round 26: Night Hammer Command/Imperial High Commander/Moff Tarkin - Awards: Best Arms Market, Villain of the Round

Marcus Darkstar

Marcus Darkstar

Veteran Member

• Administrators
  • 282 posts

Jesus can you stop celebrating strife and death? Bloody Khornite. I remember you getting your hopes up for a Turkish Civil War during the attempted Coup there last year. 

• Cthulhuvong, Sam Baxter and Itake like this
Round 9- Trantor
Round 10- Kuat
Round 11- Tech Avatar!
Round 12- Lianna/Tech Avatar/Invids
Round 13- Kuat!
Round 14- Left then Returned as Prakith
Round 15- GPOL Avatar
Round 16- Supreme Warlord Harrsk
Round 17- Returns to Kuat
Round 18- continues as Kuat
Round 19- Quelii Sector/ then became avatar.
Round 20- Chief of Staff, Head Avatar, Pol/Econ avatar
Round 21- Head Avatar
Round 22 - Back to Kuat, ensuring it isn't neglected anymore.
Round 23 - continued as Kuat again
Round 24 - Besadii Hutts party time!
Round 25 - Greater Maldrood Warlord
Round 26 - Bilbringi

Sam Baxter

Sam Baxter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Location"The City of Ships"

Considering that the EU has already weighed in and said this is an internal Spanish matter, I don't see this as being the "EU killing event" that Amorn is so fervently praying for.

Baxter.jpg

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Amorn

Amorn

• Members
  • 188 posts

The death of the European Union must be the foremost goal of any individual who values anything ranging from; transparent government, to the sovereignty of nation states and up into democratic governance. It is an abomination on this earth, a force of complete and unparalleled evil and anything that can create the discord required to tear said institution apart at its very core is a reason to be celebrated. Also Baxter how does the EU saying "it's not getting involved" change anything? The threat is financial not political, let me go through a potential series of events that's now rather likely;

1. Catalonia declares secession

2. Spain intervenes and takes direct control, instability spreads throughout the region perhaps including violence and mass strikes, the local economy shuts down.

3. The already shit Spanish economy collapses, Catalonia is a necessity for paying their massive debts and bills, without it everything comes down.

4. Spain's economic collapse hits the already fragile Euro and European financial set up, Spain is too large to be bailed out the money simply doesn't exist and it's likely a chain reaction moves taking out other nations who have up to now been existing on life support (Greece, Italy, Portugal, etc).

Now you can plot a course from there but the EU is weak anyway, lots of countries want to leave, this is the type of "runaway event" that could just kill the whole thing. It'll also undermine the political stability of endless states whose unity is already weak, what sort of idiot thinks the worry is "the EU itself getting involved" of course they wont do that, this is the problem with the EU though it's weakest members can fuck the whole thing up for all of them. As we're about to see.

Also I've already been to Barcelona, it was meh, not to bothered what happens too it and I'm not a big fan of the Spanish. Lazy is the word that comes to mind

• Srip likes this

Marcus Darkstar

Marcus Darkstar

Veteran Member

• Administrators
  • 282 posts

Color it with any lie or excuse you wanna tell people but I know the truth you just want to see the world burn like any other fascist. Hoping on a lie that your chosen homeland survives the conflagration mostly intact.  You thrive on the "competition of nations". I mean seriously you just said Spanish are lazy and as a result you dont care if they die in  the fires of conflict, so they could just all suffer and die in a explosion you hope takes out the EU along the ride. The EU frankly you only really hate cause Britian isnt a leader of the organization and was playing third fiddle to the Germans and French in the power rankings. Its the same reason you enjoy seeing strife in the US so Britian can finally come under its shadow by seeing the US being knocked down a peg. 

• Cthulhuvong and Sam Baxter like this
Round 9- Trantor
Round 10- Kuat
Round 11- Tech Avatar!
Round 13- Kuat!
Round 15- GPOL Avatar
Round 21- Head Avatar
Round 26 - Bilbringi

K.H.

K.H.

I think the Russian Federation is going to fall apart way before Spain does. Definitely before the EU does. Apparently they had like, two good authors back during the early 20th century, and now 98% of their economy is cyber crime and human trafficking. Once everyone updates their anti-virus software, the free ride will be over. 

• Itake likes this

Marcus Darkstar

Marcus Darkstar

Veteran Member

• Administrators
  • 282 posts

I think the Russian Federation is going to fall apart way before Spain does. Definitely before the EU does. Apparently they had like, two good authors back during the early 20th century, and now 98% of their economy is cyber crime and human trafficking. Once everyone updates their anti-virus software, the free ride will be over. 

You forgot oil exports and other natural resources. Basically they export most of their rawmat like a fricken colonial state. 

Round 9- Trantor
Round 10- Kuat
Round 11- Tech Avatar!
Round 13- Kuat!
Round 15- GPOL Avatar
Round 21- Head Avatar
Round 26 - Bilbringi

K.H.

K.H.

Fake News. Russia exports fake news too. I forgot about that. 

• Cthulhuvong and Itake like this

Amorn

Amorn

• Members
  • 188 posts

Color it with any lie or excuse you wanna tell people but I know the truth you just want to see the world burn like any other fascist. Hoping on a lie that your chosen homeland survives the conflagration mostly intact.  You thrive on the "competition of nations". I mean seriously you just said Spanish are lazy and as a result you dont care if they die in  the fires of conflict, so they could just all suffer and die in a explosion you hope takes out the EU along the ride. The EU frankly you only really hate cause Britian isnt a leader of the organization and was playing third fiddle to the Germans and French in the power rankings. Its the same reason you enjoy seeing strife in the US so Britian can finally come under its shadow by seeing the US being knocked down a peg.

Of course, anything bad for our rivals is good for us and these nations have shown they're our enemies not friends. I'm a neorealist unashamedly and everyone should be, Spain wants Gibraltar back, well fuck you Spain you won't even exist soon.

Marcus Darkstar

Marcus Darkstar

Veteran Member

• Administrators
  • 282 posts

Of course, anything bad for our rivals is good for us and these nations have shown they're our enemies not friends. I'm a neorealist unashamedly and everyone should be, Spain wants Gibraltar back, well fuck you Spain you won't even exist soon.

Then stop coloring your enemies as morally wrong. You dont care about transparency in government, sovereignty of nation states, nor democracy. You would love it if the UK had its colonies back and became Imperialist again. You wouldn't want democracy or self determination in those colonies if they chose not to bend the knee. You wouldn't want the crimes committed to suppress the colonies exposed harming the UK's public image. Neo-realism is all about power and national self interest not moral projection. 

We both know when you do that its a lie. We are not people you need to convince of that lie. So why are you telling it? 

• Cthulhuvong and Sam Baxter like this
Round 9- Trantor
Round 10- Kuat
Round 11- Tech Avatar!
Round 13- Kuat!
Round 15- GPOL Avatar
Round 21- Head Avatar
Round 26 - Bilbringi

Amorn

Amorn

• Members
  • 188 posts
Oddly enough Marcus I think both is true, I think it's hard to morally build an argument that says the EU is good as a Conservative voter or labour voter. This is what I call a "happy accident" where what I want and what's "morally right" combine.

Cthulhuvong

Cthulhuvong

YOUR LORD AND MASTER

• Administrators
  • 330 posts

tsLmJ3Z.jpg

• Potestas likes this
NOTICE: IF I MAKE A POST IN THE OTHERS BOARD DO NOT TAKE IT AS SERIOUS COMMANDMENTS FROM ON HIGH (those usually come in the Game News area)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Einstein would turn over in his grave. Not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded.
~Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, The Human Hive, Alpha Centauri
It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error
~US Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson, 1950
Always remember that the crowd that applauds your coronation is the same crowd that will applaud your beheading. People like a show.
~Going Postal, Sir Terry Pratchett
History does not record anywhere a religion that has any rational basis. Religion is a crutch for people not strong enough to stand up to the unknown without help.
~Lazarus Long, in Time Enough for Love by Robert A. Heinlein

Amorn

Amorn

• Members
  • 188 posts

Poor King, brings democracy to Spain in the wake of Franco's dictatorship (despite having the authority to take complete control himself) and now is called anti-democratic for going along with a court ruling.

• Srip likes this

Srip

Srip

• 180 posts

Amorn brings a good point, were it not for the King there would be no democracy in Spain.

Also I'll be the first to say, I want more violence and war. Not because I want to see dead people, but because I want to see more and more strain put on the nations that celebrate their "multiculturalism" and their globalist agenda. So nah, I hope Catalonia does go hot.

• Potestas likes this

Amorn

Amorn

• Members
  • 188 posts

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-41678086

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users