Month 3, Day 16, 5 ABY, 11:44 PM

Military Personnel Discussion

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Amorn

Amorn

• Members
  • 188 posts

I think a multiplier system (you can apply to each world) for cost of each unit "brought up" could help as it just seems a bit arbitrary that everyone pays the same for the different unit levels regardless. Otherwise though seems a good idea, we'll have to play the beta and see how it works out in practice.

WitchDoktor

WitchDoktor

• 595 posts

Will we be able to build multiples of these facilities: If I need 50,000 men to man an ISD and my faciliies dictate 1,000 naval personnel a month..that math doesn't work. If I can invest, I can build another 9 of these facilities and can man the ISD in 5 months instead of 50 months.

Also, I assume this won't change the nature of military training actions (building better academies and training systems to get high personnel levels)? Or are those levels kaput?

There won't be anymore Military Levels to my knowledge.  This was supposed to replace those but since we have to give everyone almost every academy type its more of a "repeal and don't replace" option.

Round 6: Telos IV
Round 7: Ralltiir
Round 8: Sluis Van
Round X: Chiss Ascendancy, Sub Avatar
Round 11: Head Military Avatar, Skako
Round 12: Head Military Avatar, Head GPOL Avatar - Awards: Most User-Friendly Avatar, Best Overall Avatar, BH's 'Member of the Round' Award
Round 13: Neimoidia/Viceroy/HoS-CIS/Restart Team/Sub-Avatar - Awards: Best Arms Market
Round 14: Chiss Ascendancy, LOA
Round 15: Chief of Staff
Round 16: Corellia
Round 17: Chiss Ascendancy
Round 18: Induparan Crown Worlds/Coruscant - Awards: Most Politically Successful, Most Militarily Successful, Best Overall Player
Round 19: Ciutric Sector
Round 20: Seswenna Sector
Round 21: Mandalore, Eriadu Union State
Round 22/23: Head Avatar, Security Ops/Policy Avatar, Advisor, Senex-Juvex/Combined Syndicates/Ravnican Empire - Awards: Most Military Successful Player, Best MILI Action, Tekaryn Award for Multiple Personalities.

Round 24: Allied Tion/United Kingdoms of Tion

Round 25: Admiral Ackbar/Alliance Fleet

Round 26: Night Hammer Command/Imperial High Commander/Moff Tarkin - Awards: Best Arms Market, Villain of the Round

WitchDoktor

WitchDoktor

• 595 posts

So it is automated. Otherwise you would need to send in an action which takes up the avatar's time and would have an arbitrary completion time. With the facility, the player can recruit and train troops all by himself. 

Well no, training troops in an automated system has arbitrary completion times, Avatar assigned completion times are rooted at least part in fact through research of training both in SW and IRL.

Round 12: Head Military Avatar, Head GPOL Avatar - Awards: Most User-Friendly Avatar, Best Overall Avatar, BH's 'Member of the Round' Award
Round 13: Neimoidia/Viceroy/HoS-CIS/Restart Team/Sub-Avatar - Awards: Best Arms Market
Round 18: Induparan Crown Worlds/Coruscant - Awards: Most Politically Successful, Most Militarily Successful, Best Overall Player
Round 22/23: Head Avatar, Security Ops/Policy Avatar, Advisor, Senex-Juvex/Combined Syndicates/Ravnican Empire - Awards: Most Military Successful Player, Best MILI Action, Tekaryn Award for Multiple Personalities.

Round 26: Night Hammer Command/Imperial High Commander/Moff Tarkin - Awards: Best Arms Market, Villain of the Round

K.H.

K.H.

Yeah, you can build more training facilities. They will have a cost in TPC, but one of your planets civilian industries would be able to make you a new ones. Or at least that's how I think it would work.

You can improve your personnel ratings through training actions like you used to. 

Potestas

Potestas

Srips Baby Daddy

• Sub Avatars
  • 121 posts
  • LocationAt your Moms

Geonosis would start out with nothing because they're all dead lol

Its hypothetical lol
"Man plans, God laughs."

"You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."
-Robert E. Lee

"Behind every gun sight is a human being.
We are those people. If history only remembers one in a thousand of us, then the future will be filled with stories of who we were and what we did. But until that day comes, we will stand. We will look death in the eye and we will fight."

β€œIn the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.”
– Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

K.H.

K.H.

I made special training facilities as a blanket for all the random special units. Like Hutt Warriors or Mandalorian Super Commandoes or Wookiee Beserkers or whatever. 

K.H.

K.H.

I also changed the name of asymmetrical warfare to unconventional warfare, since asymmetrical warfare doesn't have to be non-conventional. 

Proxy Moxie

Proxy Moxie

• Members
  • 63 posts

I assume "Entechment" is suposed to be "Entrenchment"?

I also see basic and kaminoan cloning, so there are just two? Sorry "basic" seems to imply to my mind there should be more, since Kaminoan is kind of a special case.

Oh and now that I'm thinking about it, this seems to cover military capabilities as technologies, what about techs pertaining to your industries allowing you to build factories for vehickles starfighters and drydocks for capital vessels.

Daedalus

Daedalus

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCamp Arifjan
No its entenchment. Its a ssi ruuk thing.
  • Srip likes this

K.H.

K.H.

I assume "Entechment" is suposed to be "Entrenchment"?

I also see basic and kaminoan cloning, so there are just two? Sorry "basic" seems to imply to my mind there should be more, since Kaminoan is kind of a special case.

Oh and now that I'm thinking about it, this seems to cover military capabilities as technologies, what about techs pertaining to your industries allowing you to build factories for vehickles starfighters and drydocks for capital vessels.

You want an intermediate cloning technology added?

We did military doctrines first. The groundwork is there to tie industries to technology, and hopefully we can get it implemented. 

Proxy Moxie

Proxy Moxie

• Members
  • 63 posts

I guess it just seemed odd to me . . . is Kaminoan cloning generally researchable by anyone?

I mean shouldn't it be unique to kamino?

Marcus Darkstar

Marcus Darkstar

Veteran Member

• Administrators
  • 282 posts

I guess it just seemed odd to me . . . is Kaminoan cloning generally researchable by anyone?

I mean shouldn't it be unique to kamino?

Kaminoan cloning is basically cloning with a slower age acceleration to better mature the clones. 

Round 9- Trantor
Round 10- Kuat
Round 11- Tech Avatar!
Round 12- Lianna/Tech Avatar/Invids
Round 13- Kuat!
Round 14- Left then Returned as Prakith
Round 15- GPOL Avatar
Round 16- Supreme Warlord Harrsk
Round 17- Returns to Kuat
Round 18- continues as Kuat
Round 19- Quelii Sector/ then became avatar.
Round 20- Chief of Staff, Head Avatar, Pol/Econ avatar
Round 21- Head Avatar
Round 22 - Back to Kuat, ensuring it isn't neglected anymore.
Round 23 - continued as Kuat again
Round 24 - Besadii Hutts party time!
Round 25 - Greater Maldrood Warlord
Round 26 - Bilbringi

WitchDoktor

WitchDoktor

• 595 posts

Will we be able to build multiples of these facilities: If I need 50,000 men to man an ISD and my faciliies dictate 1,000 naval personnel a month..that math doesn't work. If I can invest, I can build another 9 of these facilities and can man the ISD in 5 months instead of 50 months.

Also, I assume this won't change the nature of military training actions (building better academies and training systems to get high personnel levels)? Or are those levels kaput?

Well some facilities can do a lot more, 3,000, 5,000, 8,000, etc... Just remember one of the main differences with the new system is that there is no more maximum TPC cap. I don't think any facility has over 8000 TPC in it so an ISD is still going to take a couple months at max output.

K.H.

K.H.

Kuat's orbital array has 30,000 units each, Mon Cals do 12,000 and the Corellian models do 10,000. 

Proxy Moxie

Proxy Moxie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Kaminoan cloning is basically cloning with a slower age acceleration to better mature the clones. 

So wait, Kaminoan clonign is just somethign anyone can do then? I mean there's no closely guarded trade secret to it or something???

WitchDoktor

WitchDoktor

• 595 posts

So wait, Kaminoan clonign is just somethign anyone can do then? I mean there's no closely guarded trade secret to it or something???

Perms are currently bugged, Bregor is working on it.

Proxy Moxie

Proxy Moxie

• Members
  • 63 posts

No what I meant was it seemed liek Marcus was implying Kaminoan cloning was as simple as makign hte clones age slower (thusly explaining the classes of "Basic" and "Kaminoan" cloning), whne you think about it I suppose it is an assumption to an extent, but that's never been the impression I got from the concept of the Kaminoan cloning industry.

K.H.

K.H.

I don't think you can research Kaminoan Cloning unless you do an action where the government of Kamino does if for you somehow. 

Marcus Darkstar

Marcus Darkstar

Veteran Member

• Administrators
  • 282 posts

No what I meant was it seemed liek Marcus was implying Kaminoan cloning was as simple as makign hte clones age slower (thusly explaining the classes of "Basic" and "Kaminoan" cloning), whne you think about it I suppose it is an assumption to an extent, but that's never been the impression I got from the concept of the Kaminoan cloning industry.

Spaarti Technology is a derivative of Khommite civilian cloning. Kaminoan is a derivative of similar cloning techniques. While specific techniques of the cloning process are trade secrets the basic process behind them are fairly easy to grasp. I would assume Gene Templates and techniques behind the genetic manipulation are more closely guarded than the methods behind making the cloning tanks themselves. 

Round 9- Trantor
Round 10- Kuat
Round 11- Tech Avatar!
Round 12- Lianna/Tech Avatar/Invids
Round 13- Kuat!
Round 14- Left then Returned as Prakith
Round 15- GPOL Avatar
Round 16- Supreme Warlord Harrsk
Round 17- Returns to Kuat
Round 18- continues as Kuat
Round 19- Quelii Sector/ then became avatar.
Round 20- Chief of Staff, Head Avatar, Pol/Econ avatar
Round 21- Head Avatar
Round 22 - Back to Kuat, ensuring it isn't neglected anymore.
Round 23 - continued as Kuat again
Round 24 - Besadii Hutts party time!
Round 25 - Greater Maldrood Warlord
Round 26 - Bilbringi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users