• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SANAND

SANAND

Veteran Member

• Neimoidia
  • Independent Leader
  • 273 posts

Myself and a few of the guys got together and found a nation sim set in 1936 that seems pretty cool. We have 3 SWD guys signed up so far, we're all going South America. Most of the major powers have been taken but there is still time to get in with some of the mid-tier nations. Come join and play with us while we wait for SWD to finish getting built.

http://molotov.appli...t=2170&start=45

The Neimoidians have a severely overblown opinion of themselves and their capabilities.― Nevil Cygni to Admiral Thrawn

Shadows

Shadows

The Best Marital Aid in the Galaxy

• Eriadu
  • Administrators
  • 665 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
I've heard of that game before... Don't remember from where. Let me know how it goes, I do love me some 30's and 40's gameplay.

SWD Chatroom

SWD Owner | Head Avatar

Potestas

Potestas

The Thing that goes bump in the night and forgets to call back

• Colla IV
  • 214 posts
  • LocationAt your Moms

I've heard of that game before... Don't remember from where. Let me know how it goes, I do love me some 30's and 40's gameplay.

What was the nation sim called that you suggested to Srip and me?
[in response to a child's letter] "Dear Frederick, thank you for your nice letter, but I am actually a US Marine who was born to kill, whereas clearly you seem to have mistaken me for some sort of wine sipping, communist dick suck. And although peace probably appeals to tree hugging bi-sexuals like you and your parents, I happen to be a death-dealing, blood-crazed warrior who wakes up every day just hoping for the chance to dismember my enemies and defile their civilizations. Peace sucks a hairy asshole, Freddy. War is the mother-fucking answer." -Cpl Ray Person (Generation Kill)

"Bitch I don't need money. I work for the US Government, we spend a Billion dollars a year on hand sanitizer alone."- Ghost Recon Wildlands

"You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."-Robert E. Lee

"Behind every gun sight is a human being.We are those people. If history only remembers one in a thousand of us, then the future will be filled with stories of who we were and what we did. But until that day comes, we will stand. We will look death in the eye and we will fight."“

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.”– Field Marshal Erwin Rommel"

Dear Humanity... We regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet!"- Sergeant Major Avery Johnson

Sheriden

Sheriden
  • LocationCalifornia

So few good nations left. I'm debating applying for Australia....

Inventor of the Praise Thread

A LONG TIME AGO...

[Round 3 : Lethe] [Round 4 : Kuat] [Round 7 : Kamino] [Round 8 : Restart Team Member, Admiral Daala, Grand Moff Ardus Kaine & Kessel, Pentastar Alignment] [Round 12 : Kamino] [Round 14 : Aargau] [Round 15 : Koensayr Manufacturing] [Round 16 : Restart Team Member, Pentastar Alignment] [Round 22 : Corellian Sector (Richard Nixon)] [Round 24 : Restart Team Member, Organizations Avatar] [Beta Round (27) : Restart Team Member/Head Avatar]

SWDChat Room

oaEF1QZ.gif?1

SANAND

SANAND

Veteran Member

• Neimoidia
  • Independent Leader
  • 273 posts

you should join, Dafurr is trying to sneak in without mentioning he joined as commie china. thats 4 of us now.

The Neimoidians have a severely overblown opinion of themselves and their capabilities.― Nevil Cygni to Admiral Thrawn

dafurr

dafurr

• Dac
  • Republic Leader
  • 98 posts
There are plenty of good nations left. Somebody should be the British Raj.
Posted Image

Darth Cola

Darth Cola

Dark Lord of the Soda

• Lothal
  • Independent Leader
  • 269 posts

Shouldn't this thread be in the "Games Board"?

Not trying to be bitchy or anything, but that subforum was created specifically for threads like this.

Edited by Darth Cola, 28 December 2017 - 04:01 AM.

4vhLnvm.png

Pvj6Qkq.png

Acer

Acer

blast from the past!

• Rendili
  • Independent Leader
  • 15 posts

hmm, forum sounds familiar too. is this the one related to eregimes where the community split, lots of accusations back and forth, etc?

Shadows

Shadows

The Best Marital Aid in the Galaxy

• Eriadu
  • Administrators
  • 665 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

hmm, forum sounds familiar too. is this the one related to eregimes where the community split, lots of accusations back and forth, etc?

It might be. But I remember the name "balance of power" being around a while. Curious.

SWD Chatroom

SWD Owner | Head Avatar

Cthulhuvong

Cthulhuvong

The Tentacle-Faced Mad Man

• Members
  • 487 posts

Myself and a few of the guys got together and found a nation sim set in 1936 that seems pretty cool. We have 3 SWD guys signed up so far, we're all going South America. Most of the major powers have been taken but there is still time to get in with some of the mid-tier nations. Come join and play with us while we wait for SWD to finish getting built.

http://molotov.appli...t=2170&start=45

The Moly guys play slightly differently than we do. They have various actions that have stated costs ("Build air unit: 20 credits"), and have VERY generic units (for the 1936 game it has 3 units: Army, Air, and Navy) that are basically placeholders for whatever military forces you have at that strength. Also, their diplomacy is mostly done through either messages to embassies or private messages on the board, there is rarely an open forum to talk to others on unless there is a universal organization like the UN. Its rare for them to just have a General Discussion area for a game. Meanwhile, many actions are done just as detailed as ours, if not more so, and they roleplay more than we do and worry about numbers and statistics much less (the economy is all based around a generic unit that usually is given in a 0-1000 range).

They're fun games, but you have to be ready for the change of pace. To use terms from RPGs, there is less "Stat Crunch" and more "Free-form play". 

Einstein would turn over in his grave. Not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded.
~Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, The Human Hive, Alpha Centauri
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error
~US Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson, 1950
Always remember that the crowd that applauds your coronation is the same crowd that will applaud your beheading. People like a show.
~Going Postal, Sir Terry Pratchett
America is the only nation in history which miraculously has gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilization.
~Georges Clemenceau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users