• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

SANAND

SANAND

Veteran Member

• Neimoidia
  • Independent Leader
  • 273 posts

Is there any way we could do another soft start where basic actions that don't really affect the galaxy at large can be processed? Nothing crazy, but I'm itching to write some stuff and just sitting and waiting for this all to be fixed is terribly boring.

Sort of like how in the old days holonet articles, if done well, gave players small bonuses. Nothing major. Just fluff actions really.

The Neimoidians have a severely overblown opinion of themselves and their capabilities.― Nevil Cygni to Admiral Thrawn

K.H.

K.H.

Most Awarded Member

• Metellos
  • Head Sub Avatar
  • 929 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

To give a planet a "bonus" would involve doing something to give the said planet a bonus. Which I believe is the root of the problem, because we can not really change planet stats right now. I guess somebody could use a running spreadsheet or something to keep track, or simply let things roll without any editing. Either way, we really need to be able to see the positive or negative outcomes on a planet outside of like, just articles.

If we were doing just articles, it would probably turn into a shit show fast. 

SANAND

SANAND

Veteran Member

• Neimoidia
  • Independent Leader
  • 273 posts

Just keep track of the basic stuff, it wouldn't be super hard. Who cares if it gets a little messy, its more fun than waiting 4 more months for MAYBE a coder to come fix things. This may be the last shot we have if a coder doesn't come through. I really don't see everyone packing up and rebuilding AGAIN on a new site with un-fucked code.

The Neimoidians have a severely overblown opinion of themselves and their capabilities.― Nevil Cygni to Admiral Thrawn

Romae

Romae

Veteran Member; Deserves to be Called "Sir"

• Axxila
  • Sub Avatars
  • 557 posts
If you can get someone to run something like that, feel free to give it a shot. Could take over the 40k forum that was set up.

Romae

Romae

• Axxila
  • Sub Avatars
  • 557 posts
If you can get someone to run something like that, feel free to give it a shot. Could take over the 40k forum that was set up.
  • Romae likes this

SANAND

SANAND

Veteran Member

• Neimoidia
  • Independent Leader
  • 273 posts
What do you mean exactly? I could set up a topic for this and if done right it will count ig? Why not let us use the holonet then? It would me much simpler and easier to convert once the game gets going?

Romae

Romae

• Axxila
  • Sub Avatars
  • 557 posts
Oh, I thought you were talking doing a SWD lite round while we waited, sepearate from the current round. Not sure if we can really do such a low feature round and then convert it to a full round when the website is ready.

Delta Force

Delta Force

• Members
  • 158 posts

I'm willing to host and administrate a game but I couldn't really do that for Star Wars. I don't know enough about it.

Oh, I thought you were talking doing a SWD lite round while we waited, sepearate from the current round. Not sure if we can really do such a low feature round and then convert it to a full round when the website is ready.

What will the website be able to do when ready that something like Excel can't do?

K.H.

K.H.

Most Awarded Member

• Metellos
  • Head Sub Avatar
  • 929 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

The way I see it working is like 3-5players PMing an even smaller number of "avatars" their actions and then avatar writing aarticles for them. I don't see how the player will be able to know what resources his planet has to spend on actions. Secondly, as I already mentioned, they would need to keep track of the positive or negative results because they could not change the planet stats themselves. It would be super informal shit. Like how Akarin used to process Terkyn's actions I would presume. 

Delta Force

Delta Force

• Members
  • 158 posts

The way I see it working is like 3-5players PMing an even smaller number of "avatars" their actions and then avatar writing aarticles for them. I don't see how the player will be able to know what resources his planet has to spend on actions. Secondly, as I already mentioned, they would need to keep track of the positive or negative results because they could not change the planet stats themselves. It would be super informal shit. Like how Akarin used to process Terkyn's actions I would presume.

There could be individual forums for each nation to post actions in. They could then be posted in an action thread for processing.

The amount of resources available could be tracked in an Administrator controlled status post in the nation forum and possibly in a separate Excel sheet too. Updates would also be tracked in those places.

Xaph

Xaph

Cant make new subforums on this platform

Delta Force

Delta Force

• Members
  • 158 posts

Cant make new subforums on this platform

What do you mean? The forum software seems to support it.

Edited by Delta Force, 25 March 2018 - 01:02 AM.

Romae

Romae

• Axxila
  • Sub Avatars
  • 557 posts
Individual forums with permissions don’t work right. Each would require a password to sign in. That’s one work around we had set up.

Delta Force

Delta Force

• Members
  • 158 posts

Individual forums with permissions don’t work right. Each would require a password to sign in. That’s one work around we had set up.

That could work better for having multiple games going on at once too.

Xaph

Xaph

im pretty sure i was tood part of the death of the backend meant no forum editing

Delta Force

Delta Force

• Members
  • 158 posts

im pretty sure i was tood part of the death of the backend meant no forum editing

The backend of this site is broken? How did that happen?

Romae

Romae

• Axxila
  • Sub Avatars
  • 557 posts
Right forgot about that. We lost the access to the CP. Due to a server update on our host’s end.

The best bet would be to probably start anew on a free forum template and go super barebones.

Shadows

Shadows

The Best Marital Aid in the Galaxy

• Eriadu
  • Administrators
  • 665 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
Well since its stalled...

We were about 50% of the way through doing just that, an SWD lite round on a separate forum. My spreadsheet guy disappeared though.
  • SANAND likes this

SWD Chatroom

SWD Owner | Head Avatar

The Connatic

The Connatic

• Almania
  • Independent Leader
  • 30 posts

Possible to send an e-mail announcement requesting the assistance among the registered players?

Delta Force

Delta Force

• Members
  • 158 posts

Well since its stalled...

We were about 50% of the way through doing just that, an SWD lite round on a separate forum. My spreadsheet guy disappeared though.

Isn't it just a matter of copy pasting everything? That process could be done quickly if the site didn't load so slowly.

Possible to send an e-mail announcement requesting the assistance among the registered players?

One or two people could probably get everything done fairly quickly if the site didn't load so slowly.

Edited by Delta Force, 03 April 2018 - 03:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users