• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Fury

Fury

Founder, SWDiplomacy

• Administrators
  • 209 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Stay tuned in here for important game announcements and news. 

Shadows

Shadows

The Best Marital Aid in the Galaxy

• Eriadu
  • Administrators
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Just a reminder, we still have an IRC chat server.

Server: irc.theairlock.net

Channel: #SWDiplomacy

KiwiIRC here.

Mibbit IRC here.

SWD Chatroom

SWD Owner | Some form of staff member... probably...

Shadows

Shadows

• Eriadu
  • Administrators
  • 542 posts

The old forum is back online. We'll be leaving it open for a while so people can collect their things. At this time there is no set date when we'll close it, but don't wait, act today!

8639b65445b5b4833083f66c9377630fe438cb5c

SWD Chatroom

Shadows

Shadows

• Eriadu
  • Administrators
  • 542 posts

So we're getting close to that time.

That magical time where things move forward.

That time where we will need people to actually process actions.

I'm recruiting for Avatars and Sub-Avatars for our Beta round and for Round 27. If you're interested, send me a message ASAP. Remember that we need a staff to get the game moving, so don't wait, apply today!

hqdefault.jpg

• Itake likes this

SWD Chatroom

Fury

Fury

Founder, SWDiplomacy

• Administrators
  • 209 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

I'll piggy back on this. Beta Round is going to directly funnel into Round 27. It won't involve a hard restart. It will be a short period of establishing that the engine works, is functional, and everything works smoothly. 

Shadows

Shadows

• Eriadu
  • Administrators
  • 542 posts

I've gotten two offers to be Avatars. Let's keep this up! I'd like to have at least four Avatars and a couple Sub-Avs to keep things going smoothly.

SWD Chatroom

Shadows

Shadows

• Eriadu
  • Administrators
  • 542 posts

C-Vong has volunteered to be Head Av for Round 27...

hlk8t.jpg

You know what that means right?

4468d182e916960cdfa169915caf0242707d6ebf

I'll be around helping out obviously. But C-Vong is your overlord.

• Itake likes this

SWD Chatroom

Cthulhuvong

Cthulhuvong

The Tentacle-Faced Mad Man

• Members
  • 397 posts

And as Shadows is sent to the pain room, he must remember this rule....

c05a7ca2e51bd322776b13631e3ef5478e32219f

As your new Malevolent Benevolent Overlord, I demand effigies be built and burned in my name! Or not, whatev. 

And now that the silliness is out of my system, I will just let you know that I'm gonna run a fair game, with a basic rule: respect each other OOC, and I don't care what you do to each other IC.

Einstein would turn over in his grave. Not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded.
~Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, The Human Hive, Alpha Centauri
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error
~US Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson, 1950
Always remember that the crowd that applauds your coronation is the same crowd that will applaud your beheading. People like a show.
~Going Postal, Sir Terry Pratchett
America is the only nation in history which miraculously has gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilization.
~Georges Clemenceau

Cthulhuvong

Cthulhuvong

• Members
  • 397 posts

The Games Board has been created as a subforum of the Others Board. The SWD Gaming, Retrofuturism game, and Shadows' star trek game thread have all been moved there.

Einstein would turn over in his grave. Not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded.
It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error
Always remember that the crowd that applauds your coronation is the same crowd that will applaud your beheading. People like a show.
America is the only nation in history which miraculously has gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilization.
~Georges Clemenceau

Cthulhuvong

Cthulhuvong

• Members
  • 397 posts

I have added 2 new sections at the bottom. The first is where we will put old games once rounds end. The second is where spam will go, so we have a record of old spammers.

~Georges Clemenceau

Cthulhuvong

Cthulhuvong

• Members
  • 397 posts

Ruling on Canon:
After discussing it with the other avatars, we've decided that unless an item in Legends contradicted by the new Disney Canon, it exists.

For example, the Mandalorian Protectors are gone, wiped out except for one man who didn't seem like he was going to restart them. On the other hand the Katana Fleet is out there, but only 2 people know of its existence. 

New material of Disney Canon that comes out during play will be considered canon unless it contradicts the canon of the game at start.

For example, if Disney Canon reveals that Muunilinst is BDZ'd before our game start, but people have already interacted with it, that will be ignored, or a modified version of the events will be created (if possible). However, if no one has interacted with it or mentioned it, then it will be considered canon.

• Srip and Sheriden like this
~Georges Clemenceau

Shadows

Shadows

• Eriadu
  • Administrators
  • 542 posts
So someone forgot to mention this...

Itake, Romae, and RB are now part of the ownership group. They were chosen due to their past and present contributions, as well as a desire to help out with the decision making process.

Say congrats.

SWD Chatroom

K.H.

K.H.

Most Awarded Member

• Metellos
  • Head Sub Avatar
  • 848 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Restart Update

So whenever you are playing a RPG and some guy gives you 100 gold and tells you to buy a sword with it, you have no idea of how much money "100 gold" is until you go see how much the sword costs. If the sword costs 5 gold, then you probably have a lot of money. If the sword costs 80 gold, then its not really that much. That is historically how we value the credit on SWD, based on how many "swords" you can buy with your budget surplus. And by swords I mean Star Destroyers. This round, we have an extra step involved, because with the new industries feature, you have to think of how much money it costs for the blacksmith to make the sword (the wholesale cost) instead of the release value. That is what I am working on now.

This weekend hopefully Bregor can expand the number of units you can put into the Public and External debts, so we can better control budget surpluses through debt on the planet list. 

Once that is done, we are going to have to start looking at military units to see how many production units it takes to build one, and then put a price based on upkeep on that unit. That's how we find out the wholesale value of the unit, and how people hoping to sell units will find an adequate value for a resale price on units. 

With a price on our "sword" we can determine as the "old man" how many gold pieces we should give to the young knight, so that he can not take that money and buy 95 other swords. Once this has been done, I would estimate that we would be very close to being able to open up planet apps. 

• Itake likes this

Cthulhuvong

Cthulhuvong

• Members
  • 397 posts

YOUR TIME HAS COME.....applications are now open!

Because this game is like the roads of my home state of Illinois, always under construction, we do not yet have a way for you to apply through the board yet.

Instead please send a PM to the account ADMIN with your TOP 5 choices in order.

• X-wing likes this
~Georges Clemenceau

K.H.

K.H.

Most Awarded Member

• Metellos
  • Head Sub Avatar
  • 848 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

We set the game clock to 5 ABY, a year ahead of 6 ABY when we plan on actually starting the round. This is because I thought we could run the clock to allow players to experiment and de-bug with the new systems. Kind of a dry run. 

Some people have asked for a backstory, so I have painstakingly read the Aftermath Trilogy to create a blend of new canon and legends canon for the 6 ABY start date. If you want to read the major events of this time period, here is a link to the pre-round articles. 

http://www.swdiploma...pre-round-news/

K.H.

K.H.

Most Awarded Member

• Metellos
  • Head Sub Avatar
  • 848 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

We are very close to handing out planets. Just remember, there will be no IC posting, arms markets or anything like that. For this "tutorial" period, you can play around with your OOB. I plan on starting the clock to run through some construction, so everyone can practice how to build something or train a personnel unit. I'll discuss that more whenever we get there.

In the mean time, you can start on your character list for this round, just remember that the round is actually going to start at 6 ABY, not 5 ABY. 

Shadows

Shadows

• Eriadu
  • Administrators
  • 542 posts
I am the hero you fucks deserve.

Just remember stats may still change, so no bitching.

SWD Chatroom

Sheriden

Sheriden
  • LocationCalifornia

Everyone should be aware that stats not only MAY change.... They WILL change. It was recently discovered that those working on game engine development and those working on the restart haven't been communicating effectively and the budgets, treasuries, RR, IR, and some other money related things are not balanced correctly. Assume that your money situations will change.

Inventor of the Praise Thread

A LONG TIME AGO...

[Round 3 : Lethe] [Round 4 : Kuat] [Round 7 : Kamino] [Round 8 : Restart Team Member, Admiral Daala, Grand Moff Ardus Kaine & Kessel, Pentastar Alignment] [Round 12 : Kamino] [Round 14 : Aargau] [Round 15 : Koensayr Manufacturing] [Round 16 : Restart Team Member, Pentastar Alignment] [Round 22 : Corellian Sector (Richard Nixon)] [Round 24 : Restart Team Member, Organizations Avatar] [Beta Round (27) : Restart Team Member/Chief of Staff, Empress Teta]

SWDChat Room

oaEF1QZ.gif?1

Romae

Romae

Veteran Member; Deserves to be Called "Sir"

• Axxila
  • Sub Avatars
  • 342 posts

The clock running is meant for us to TEST features. Not build items/train people and prepare for the round. 

Stop it. 

Sheriden

Sheriden
  • LocationCalifornia

Planet stats have been adjusted for the most part, but budgets will not read accurately until the budget system is updated to take debt into account. Tax systems are still in development. Starting military and industry assignments are being completed. Tech and unit permissions will begin shortly. Other polish projects to make the game engine playable are being completed. I believe we are on track to meet (or beat) Romae's assessment of our timeline.

Inventor of the Praise Thread

A LONG TIME AGO...

[Round 3 : Lethe] [Round 4 : Kuat] [Round 7 : Kamino] [Round 8 : Restart Team Member, Admiral Daala, Grand Moff Ardus Kaine & Kessel, Pentastar Alignment] [Round 12 : Kamino] [Round 14 : Aargau] [Round 15 : Koensayr Manufacturing] [Round 16 : Restart Team Member, Pentastar Alignment] [Round 22 : Corellian Sector (Richard Nixon)] [Round 24 : Restart Team Member, Organizations Avatar] [Beta Round (27) : Restart Team Member/Chief of Staff, Empress Teta]

SWDChat Room

oaEF1QZ.gif?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users