General Real World Thread, aka Shit Pile

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

Cthulhuvong

Cthulhuvong

The Tentacle-Faced Mad Man

• Members
  • 487 posts

Figured we could have a general thread here. For general shit. And shit.

Einstein would turn over in his grave. Not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded.
~Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, The Human Hive, Alpha Centauri
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error
~US Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson, 1950
Always remember that the crowd that applauds your coronation is the same crowd that will applaud your beheading. People like a show.
~Going Postal, Sir Terry Pratchett
America is the only nation in history which miraculously has gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilization.
~Georges Clemenceau

Cthulhuvong

Cthulhuvong

• Members
  • 487 posts

Fox News' Shepard Smith on the DJT Jr meeting: "Lie after lie after lie"

Einstein would turn over in his grave. Not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded.
It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error
Always remember that the crowd that applauds your coronation is the same crowd that will applaud your beheading. People like a show.
America is the only nation in history which miraculously has gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilization.
~Georges Clemenceau

Proxy Moxie

Proxy Moxie

• Mulatan
  • Hutt Leader
  • 91 posts

You know its getting bad for him when Fox News is turning on him, his days really are numbered.

Cthulhuvong

Cthulhuvong

• Members
  • 487 posts

Trump warns Muller not to investigate Trump family business

You know an easy way to get an investigator to look into something? Tell them they can't or shouldn't.

• Sam Baxter likes this
~Georges Clemenceau

Amorn

Amorn

Veteran Member

• Corellia
  • Independent Leader
  • 377 posts

Cvong just out of curiosity right, say they finish all these investigations and it all comes up negative and Trump is all in the clear. What will be your thing to slate him for then? Will you just be bored or will it be targets more on policy?

WitchDoktor

WitchDoktor

Cvong just out of curiosity right, say they finish all these investigations and it all comes up negative and Trump is all in the clear. What will be your thing to slate him for then? Will you just be bored or will it be targets more on policy?

He'd never accept it and blame it on Trump meddling.

Round 6: Telos IV
Round 7: Ralltiir
Round 8: Sluis Van
Round X: Chiss Ascendancy, Sub Avatar
Round 11: Head Military Avatar, Skako
Round 12: Head Military Avatar, Head GPOL Avatar - Awards: Most User-Friendly Avatar, Best Overall Avatar, BH's 'Member of the Round' Award
Round 13: Neimoidia/Viceroy/HoS-CIS/Restart Team/Sub-Avatar - Awards: Best Arms Market
Round 14: Chiss Ascendancy, LOA
Round 15: Chief of Staff
Round 16: Corellia
Round 17: Chiss Ascendancy
Round 18: Induparan Crown Worlds/Coruscant - Awards: Most Politically Successful, Most Militarily Successful, Best Overall Player
Round 19: Ciutric Sector
Round 20: Seswenna Sector
Round 21: Mandalore, Eriadu Union State
Round 22/23: Head Avatar, Security Ops/Policy Avatar, Advisor, Senex-Juvex/Combined Syndicates/Ravnican Empire - Awards: Most Military Successful Player, Best MILI Action, Tekaryn Award for Multiple Personalities.
Round 24: Allied Tion/United Kingdoms of Tion
Round 25: Admiral Ackbar/Alliance Fleet

Round 26: Night Hammer Command/Imperial High Commander/Moff Tarkin - Awards: Best Arms Market, Villain of the Round

Cthulhuvong

Cthulhuvong

• Members
  • 487 posts

If he becomes transparent before the end of the month and is willing to work with the senate committees and the investigation and stop working to undermine or block them, I would give him the benefit of the doubt on it if it comes up nothing and just figure he didn't know how things are done. If he keeps talking about firing and undermining the investigators and "red lines" and lies that are found out in 24hrs being false and then being replaced with lies that are then found out less than 24hrs later, then no.

I mean obstruction of justice was one of the terms of Clinton's impeachment, but apparently its not a crime when he does it (or at least so say Newt Gingrich, who brought those terms against Clinton), but I'm willing to say he's ignorant that his acts and statements are obstructions and give him a pass.

~Georges Clemenceau

Cthulhuvong

Cthulhuvong

• Members
  • 487 posts

Everyone should realize that John McCain is the perfect American lie, a man who professes to be noble and fair and just while being none of those things.

Also, Secretary of Energy Rick Perry duped into interview with Russian pranksters.

~Georges Clemenceau

Romae

Romae

Veteran Member; Deserves to be Called "Sir"

• Axxila
  • Sub Avatars
  • 557 posts

https://www.washingt...767b_story.html

Interesting little article - especially considering we have people whom are both Nazi and Vets on this board

Srip

Srip

Chaos God of War

• 196 posts

Since I know this is directed at me...

Allow me to first point out that it was a peaceful protest until ANTIFA and associates attacked THEM. Second, the largest independent political party in the US was the German-American Bund, which you guessed it, used a modified blood flag. Third, the United States didn't enter WW2 to fight Germany, it was to fight the Japanese who attacked us, we were content to let the Europeans squabble. Fourth, the fact that there were communists in the counter-protesters/rioters is an affront to those men who fought and died against Communism in Vietnam, Korea, and elsewhere. But nobody is claiming they are shitty humans for doing so, despite being currently under threat from a communist regime. We both know that no one is going to try to condemn the ANTIFA and commies, despite being named a domestic terrorist group in many states, after all, why fight against a legit threat when you can attack people peacefully protesting.

I also find it ironic that there were blacks among the alt right protesters, yet they are still labelled racists. Were there racists there? No doubt, but they saw a common enemy.

Marcus Darkstar

Marcus Darkstar

Veteran Member

• Kuat
  • Sub Avatars
  • 419 posts

Oh yes  the Nazi's were soo peaceful with their shields, armor, billy clubs, guns and other tools of violence. They were so prepared to be peaceful they came armed  to the teeth and prepared to use it to bash people's faces in. I call bullshit, pure bullshit.  I know your defensive about it since their "your guys" but that is no excuse to validate the violence that occurred. "they hit first" is a child's excuse for violence. The nazi's were well prepared to kill and main anyone who opposed them at their rallies. Even if you say "they waited for the first punch" they still killed and maimed with murderous intent and planned  to DO IT. They never had any intention to keep the march peaceful they planned for violence and to willfully participate in it. 

KuatSector.jpg

Round 9- Trantor
Round 10- Kuat
Round 11- Tech Avatar!
Round 12- Lianna/Tech Avatar/Invids
Round 13- Kuat!
Round 14- Left then Returned as Prakith
Round 15- GPOL Avatar
Round 16- Supreme Warlord Harrsk
Round 17- Returns to Kuat
Round 18- continues as Kuat
Round 19- Quelii Sector/ then became avatar. 
Round 20- Chief of Staff, Head Avatar, Pol/Econ avatar
Round 21- Head Avatar
Round 22 - Back to Kuat, ensuring it isn't neglected anymore. 
Round 23 - continued as Kuat again
Round 24 - Besadii Hutts party time!

Srip

Srip

Chaos God of War

• 196 posts
Maybe they didn't or maybe they did. I wasn't there and I only know from what videos I've seen. Likewise, defending yourself isn't a crime and that's what they did. Unlike the antifa that showed up ready for a fight and cried bloody murder when the opposing side fought back

Potestas

Potestas

The Thing that goes bump in the night and forgets to call back

• Colla IV
  • 214 posts
  • LocationAt your Moms
Well the left has proven that a house can be built upon layers of double standards and lies.

Also "they hit first" is literally the excuse for wars. Get hit in the face and I guarantee you will want to hit back.lol
[in response to a child's letter] "Dear Frederick, thank you for your nice letter, but I am actually a US Marine who was born to kill, whereas clearly you seem to have mistaken me for some sort of wine sipping, communist dick suck. And although peace probably appeals to tree hugging bi-sexuals like you and your parents, I happen to be a death-dealing, blood-crazed warrior who wakes up every day just hoping for the chance to dismember my enemies and defile their civilizations. Peace sucks a hairy asshole, Freddy. War is the mother-fucking answer." -Cpl Ray Person (Generation Kill)

"Bitch I don't need money. I work for the US Government, we spend a Billion dollars a year on hand sanitizer alone."- Ghost Recon Wildlands

"You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."-Robert E. Lee

"Behind every gun sight is a human being.We are those people. If history only remembers one in a thousand of us, then the future will be filled with stories of who we were and what we did. But until that day comes, we will stand. We will look death in the eye and we will fight."“

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.”– Field Marshal Erwin Rommel"

Dear Humanity... We regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet!"- Sergeant Major Avery Johnson

Marcus Darkstar

Marcus Darkstar

Veteran Member

• Kuat
  • Sub Avatars
  • 419 posts

Oh yes the nazi who drove his car through protesters was simply defending himself. The nazi's who nearly beat a black man to death in his own garage were simply defending themselves. I've seen videos and reports too. 

KuatSector.jpg

Round 9- Trantor
Round 10- Kuat
Round 11- Tech Avatar!
Round 13- Kuat!
Round 15- GPOL Avatar
Round 21- Head Avatar

Srip

Srip

Chaos God of War

• 196 posts

Would you like me to post the video of the guy who got into an accident and then had people immediately on his vehicle bashing in the windows trying to kill him? Or would you prefer to live in your sheltered world where the left does nothing wrong? Or do you not remember Ferguson and Berkley?

Marcus Darkstar

Marcus Darkstar

Veteran Member

• Kuat
  • Sub Avatars
  • 419 posts

Since I know this is directed at me...

Allow me to first point out that it was a peaceful protest until ANTIFA and associates attacked THEM. Second, the largest independent political party in the US was the German-American Bund, which you guessed it, used a modified blood flag. Third, the United States didn't enter WW2 to fight Germany, it was to fight the Japanese who attacked us, we were content to let the Europeans squabble. Fourth, the fact that there were communists in the counter-protesters/rioters is an affront to those men who fought and died against Communism in Vietnam, Korea, and elsewhere. But nobody is claiming they are shitty humans for doing so, despite being currently under threat from a communist regime. We both know that no one is going to try to condemn the ANTIFA and commies, despite being named a domestic terrorist group in many states, after all, why fight against a legit threat when you can attack people peacefully protesting.

I also find it ironic that there were blacks among the alt right protesters, yet they are still labelled racists. Were there racists there? No doubt, but they saw a common enemy.

Highlight where in this post Srip you denounced the violence at all rather than simply justifying it and condoning it. Cause I didnt see it nor am I seeing it now. All your doing is trying to portray the other side as "just as bad or worse" to justify and sanction the violence and murder done by the Alt-Right, Nazi's and the KKK. Just because your apart of that grouping doesnt mean you as a individual have to stand up and justify and condone the murder and violence done there. 

Regarding your citation of Berkley and the anarcho-syndicalists who form ANTIFA bouts of violence. Well I opposes violence and supports PEACEFUL protest regardless of the side. Honestly anarcho-syndicalist have some ridiculous beliefs and frankly feel as much connection to them as some more mainstream republicans do regarding the Alt-Right in their party. Anarchists are about as bad as bloody libertarians in how misguided their beliefs are. But Berkley and Ferguson does not give the alt right a blank check to conduct terrorism on American Soil! It does not justify planning and orchestrating the assault and murder of American citizens. 

Basically your saying because MAYBE (who knows its a matter of he said she said given the chaos) one ANTIFA threw a small rock first it justified beating people to near death including members of the clergy, running people over in cars, murder and outright terrorism on American soil. That it justified the armed and armored members of the Nazi, Alt Righters and KKK to assault and murder counter protesters.

KuatSector.jpg

Round 9- Trantor
Round 10- Kuat
Round 11- Tech Avatar!
Round 13- Kuat!
Round 15- GPOL Avatar
Round 21- Head Avatar

Marcus Darkstar

Marcus Darkstar

Veteran Member

• Kuat
  • Sub Avatars
  • 419 posts

Saying all that I do like the way the Justice Department and Jeff Sessions is handling of the situation thus far. Condemning it as domestic terrorism and charging individuals who tried lynching black there with hate crimes. Jeff Sessions came out immediately condemning the violence there and those responsible for it immediately unlike our President. Surprising given his past actions on other issues as Attorney General and his reputation but it was a nice surprise. 

KuatSector.jpg

Round 9- Trantor
Round 10- Kuat
Round 11- Tech Avatar!
Round 13- Kuat!
Round 15- GPOL Avatar
Round 21- Head Avatar

Darth Cola

Darth Cola

Dark Lord of the Soda

• Lothal
  • Independent Leader
  • 269 posts

My thoughts on the matter start with thinking that history is in the past, the history of a nation should not be erased, and people who claim that historical monuments or flags or other such things representing the Civil War should be banned and destroyed because of perceived "racism"...  Those people are all idiots.  Those historical items are there to mark moments in our nation's history. 

If the over-sensitive protestors/rioters want all Civil War monuments, the Confederate flag, and all other reminders of the Civil War destroyed, what's next? ... 

And let's just stick to those whose ancestors actually had a stake in the Civil War for now...  There are are a lot of people riding the overcrowded bandwagon that I'll get to later....

So what is next in this movement of protesting the Civil War a century or two late?  Graves of Confederate soldiers being desecrated?  What about historical documents from that era?  Hell, why not rewrite all history textbooks so that the Civil War was totally different, or maybe it never happened?!  You have to please the (violent) masses, right?

WRONG! :lol:

I understand people from that area protesting the removal of that statue.  Being so "politically correct" that we are going to try to erase a nation's history is all kinds of fucked up! 

I am not a racist, and as far as I am concerned, I've always been proud as an American that the Union won the Civil War, which was not even completely about slavery, nor were all slaves black! 

ALL PEOPLE need to learn more facts before bitching and raising hell over Civil War historical monuments and flags.

The whole thing in VA is disgusting and pathetic. 

I can see people protesting the removal of a monument PEACEFULLY, and I personally agree that the monument should not be removed because it is a historical monument - not a symbol of racism as many have claimed, but then idiots from other groups came in and stuck their noses in where they shouldn't have...

This should have had nothing to do with Neo-Nazis, it should have had nothing to do with Muslims or LGBT supporters, or other people bitching about things for the sake of getting attention....  This should have been kept an issue with local people voicing their opinions of whether or not the monument should be destroyed.

Instead, yet again, one small thing became a major attraction for freaks and protestors of any kind who had nothing better to do than to bitch and complain and cry that they were being discriminated against in some way, which is bullshit, but even then, it stayed peaceful until one jackass rammed his car into a crowd.

Tragic and pathetic, and the loss of the woman who died is terrible.  But why are the media not also lamenting the two VA state troopers who died when their chopper crashed?

Oh, right!  Because that didn't happen as the result of a protestor, and the ratings gain would be negligible.

4vhLnvm.png

Pvj6Qkq.png

Marcus Darkstar

Marcus Darkstar

Veteran Member

• Kuat
  • Sub Avatars
  • 419 posts

As a southerner I do like to remember my people's history. Problem with most of those monuments, and places named after Confederates it was done as historical revisionism to glorify the Confederates. It wasn't done to "preserve our heritage" or to "remember the fallen". They are monuments to White Nationalism and white power in the south. They were erected to promote KKK beliefs and as symbols of their early political trumps when KKK members were openly elected in political office in the south. 

That is why the White Nationalists rallied to support the statue of General Lee. That is what it has to do with Neo-Nazis'. To refuse to acknowledge that is to do your own revisionism of history and purposefully forgetting the history of THOSE monuments and when they were commissioned to be set up in the first place. 

Honestly my whole opinion on the matter is I would be fine with the statue being there or the park further renovated to reflect its new namesake Emancipation Park rather than Lee Park. Maybe add a statue of Ulysses S. Grant next to Lee to symbolize their meeting that lead to the end of the Civil war. But ultimately shouldn't be my fricken call to make the city itself should decide that rather than having so many outsiders there trying to dictate things. 

But at least your condemning the disgusting events there unlike some people. So hurrah for the commonality of common decency as opposed to the violent and hateful philosophy of fascism.

But why are the media not also lamenting the two VA state troopers who died when their chopper crashed?

I have watched MSNBC, CNN and multiple other media outlets openly lamenting and giving their condolences to the families of those officers WHENEVER the casualties of Chancellorsville are mentioned.  So no idea what your talking about there. 

KuatSector.jpg

Round 9- Trantor
Round 10- Kuat
Round 11- Tech Avatar!
Round 13- Kuat!
Round 15- GPOL Avatar
Round 21- Head Avatar

Darth Cola

Darth Cola

Dark Lord of the Soda

• Lothal
  • Independent Leader
  • 269 posts

I have watched MSNBC, CNN and multiple other media outlets openly lamenting and giving their condolences to the families of those officers WHENEVER the casualties of Chancellorsville are mentioned.  So no idea what your talking about there. 

Well, I have more to do during my day than watching all of the national news feeds, but in all of the local news reports I've seen, NBC Nightly News coverage over the weekend, and even on the late night shows on NBC, the only name mentioned is the 32-year-old woman killed when the one anti-protestor rammed his car into a crowd.  Nothing about the troopers on the downed chopper, other than that it happened, which was reported locally right after it happened.

4vhLnvm.png

Pvj6Qkq.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users