SWD Owner | Head Avatar

Shadows

Shadows

The Best Marital Aid in the Galaxy

• Eriadu
  • Administrators
  • 675 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

So I changed the title... because there are some awesome trailers from SDCC...

While Star Trek pissed me off, this gave me a massive nerd boner:

LiK2fhOY0nE

Btw, for anyone who hasn't read Ready Player One, you have to. It's amazing.

SWD Chatroom

SWD Owner | Head Avatar

Darth Cola

Darth Cola

Dark Lord of the Soda

• Lothal
  • Independent Leader
  • 275 posts

What... the fuck... is this shit?

poop_emoji_by_lclorschoolproject-d8uwngs

4vhLnvm.png

Pvj6Qkq.png

Proxy Moxie

Proxy Moxie

• Mulatan
  • Hutt Leader
  • 94 posts

What... the fuck... is this shit?

\

Trying to pitch Star Trek like guardians? Won't work well.

So I changed the title... because there are some awesome trailers from SDCC...

While Star Trek pissed me off, this gave me a massive nerd boner:

LiK2fhOY0nE

Btw, for anyone who hasn't read Ready Player One, you have to. It's amazing.

\

I saw that trailer and might go to the movies for it.

It's a book? *considers library*

Shadows

Shadows

• Eriadu
  • Administrators
  • 675 posts

Yes, by Ernest Cline. Basic synopsis is dystopian future, kid is ultra gamer/geek, uses skills/knowledge to participate in a competition in a the Oasis (VR world) to win rights to the Oasis and a fortune. Comedy, romance, adventure ensues.

SWD Chatroom

SWD Owner | Head Avatar

Proxy Moxie

Proxy Moxie

• Mulatan
  • Hutt Leader
  • 94 posts

Sounds cool, I think I will look it up then

Fury

Fury

Founder, SWDiplomacy

• Administrators
  • 209 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

So what exactly is wrong with the Star Trek trailer exactly? 

Personally I can't wait until the Klingons commit mass genocide of every living species in the Star Trek universe and then succumb to a plague that kills all the Klingons so we can stop getting books, movies, TV shows about it all and just accept that everyone and everything is dead. 

• Sam Baxter likes this

Amorn

Amorn

Veteran Member

• Corellia
  • Independent Leader
  • 377 posts

What was the problem with it? Look fairly inoffensive

Shadows

Shadows

• Eriadu
  • Administrators
  • 675 posts

I admit that my dislike for it is based on the fact that I like the older Star Trek shows. It doesn't look like Star Trek, it's generic sci-fi adventure show. It might even be entertaining, but it won't be Trek.

• Sam Baxter likes this

SWD Chatroom

SWD Owner | Head Avatar

Fury

Fury

Founder, SWDiplomacy

• Administrators
  • 209 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
Unless they film on 50 year old cameras, use little to no computers in the process of post-production then it will never meet your ideal goal. All of those things would be dumb. Welcome to 2017, computers and modern cameras exist now.

WitchDoktor

WitchDoktor

Really?  I loved it, take back everything bad I said about it. 

If that looks generic to you than you're kind of a snob  :lol: 

Round 6: Telos IV
Round 7: Ralltiir
Round 8: Sluis Van
Round X: Chiss Ascendancy, Sub Avatar
Round 11: Head Military Avatar, Skako
Round 12: Head Military Avatar, Head GPOL Avatar - Awards: Most User-Friendly Avatar, Best Overall Avatar, BH's 'Member of the Round' Award
Round 13: Neimoidia/Viceroy/HoS-CIS/Restart Team/Sub-Avatar - Awards: Best Arms Market
Round 14: Chiss Ascendancy, LOA
Round 15: Chief of Staff
Round 16: Corellia
Round 17: Chiss Ascendancy
Round 18: Induparan Crown Worlds/Coruscant - Awards: Most Politically Successful, Most Militarily Successful, Best Overall Player
Round 19: Ciutric Sector
Round 20: Seswenna Sector
Round 21: Mandalore, Eriadu Union State
Round 22/23: Head Avatar, Security Ops/Policy Avatar, Advisor, Senex-Juvex/Combined Syndicates/Ravnican Empire - Awards: Most Military Successful Player, Best MILI Action, Tekaryn Award for Multiple Personalities.
Round 24: Allied Tion/United Kingdoms of Tion
Round 25: Admiral Ackbar/Alliance Fleet

Round 26: Night Hammer Command/Imperial High Commander/Moff Tarkin - Awards: Best Arms Market, Villain of the Round

Fury

Fury

Founder, SWDiplomacy

• Administrators
  • 209 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

I'm glad to see that Dwight Schrute was able to pick up another acting gig, seemed he floundered with bit roles since the Office ended. 

Shadows

Shadows

• Eriadu
  • Administrators
  • 675 posts

Unless they film on 50 year old cameras, use little to no computers in the process of post-production then it will never meet your ideal goal. All of those things would be dumb. Welcome to 2017, computers and modern cameras exist now.

That's not what I'm talking about. This series doesn't look like it's about exploring, it looks like it's entirely about conflict. Sure, Star Trek wasn't flashy and filled with explosions most of the time, but it did a decent job at building towards conflict. It seemed natural. From the trailer this just looks like it's trying to be another explosion filled action series. That's all well and good, but that's not what I think when I think Star Trek.

• Proxy Moxie likes this

SWD Chatroom

SWD Owner | Head Avatar

Proxy Moxie

Proxy Moxie

• Mulatan
  • Hutt Leader
  • 94 posts

That's not what I'm talking about. This series doesn't look like it's about exploring, it looks like it's entirely about conflict. Sure, Star Trek wasn't flashy and filled with explosions most of the time, but it did a decent job at building towards conflict. It seemed natural. From the trailer this just looks like it's trying to be another explosion filled action series. That's all well and good, but that's not what I think when I think Star Trek.

+1

Amorn

Amorn

Veteran Member

• Corellia
  • Independent Leader
  • 377 posts

This is though could just be how the trailer is edited, any trailer you edit now for any film ends up looking like this so it could have more of what you like but they're hardly going to show (to general audiences) a trailer for their new show which is just a man transporting, some guy working on a thing on the bridge, people in turbolifts talking about pudding and such. They're always going to show the sweet goods and explosions.

K.H.

K.H.

Most Awarded Member

• Metellos
  • Head Sub Avatar
  • 933 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

I don't even like Star Trek and I think it looked pretty cool. But I can get what Shadows is saying. 

Shadows

Shadows

• Eriadu
  • Administrators
  • 675 posts

I'll hold out a bit of hope.

I still think the trailer was a shitty Star Trek trailer though. xD

SWD Chatroom

SWD Owner | Head Avatar

Fury

Fury

Founder, SWDiplomacy

• Administrators
  • 209 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

I'm with Amorn. If they had a trailer of boring shit involving people talking about how nice the weather is on Earth, how many times they've caught Spock jacking off in the bathroom, and discussing gridpoints for navigating the galaxy I don't think anyone would like it. Character development and story development is not best suited for a trailer. Explosions and shit are. 

Amorn

Amorn

Veteran Member

• Corellia
  • Independent Leader
  • 377 posts

Your modern TV Show trailer is just a collection of clips from every "action scene" in the season

Proxy Moxie

Proxy Moxie

• Mulatan
  • Hutt Leader
  • 94 posts

and to complete Amorns point from YT user: Editing is Everything

Also I agree American media relies too much an action sequences, Cracked explains.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users