Planet Lists & Thumb Twiddling

• Please log in to reply
538 replies to this topic

Sheriden

Sheriden

a website treasure

• 135 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
While we wait for the forum mechanics, game system, and round infrastructure to be put in place... How about some good ol' Planet List theorizing.

We know enough about the round taking shape to begin brainstorming what kind of worlds we might want to play. Here are some of my ideas.

1. Dac (National Imperialism)
Persecuted by the Empire and now Abandoned by the New Republic. The economy of Dac had been fully mobilized and militarized for the alliance, and it stood ready to supply the New Republic with the heavy ships necessary to spread Democracy and Freedom from Deepest Core to Wild Space, but now the Alliance to Restore the Republic is gone and the New Republic itself is in shambles. The Quarren and Mon Calamari now turn inward and realize that they must fend for themselves, as one people - united and strong, ready to do whatever it takes to ensure their own safety and security. 

2. Coruscant (Human Isolationist)
No Empire, no New Republic, no Galactic Capital... What purpose has Coruscant if not as the seat of the Galactic government... With an economy, a workforce, an entire population of bureaucrats dedicated to serving that government how is Coruscant to survive, what are its people supposed to do, and can the world imagine itself as something new. Yes. But it will be a difficult journey. The decadence of past millennia must be purified, the embers of the noble *human* spirit must be rekindled and given room to breathe and expand, and the traitors who betrayed Coruscant and stripped it of its mantle of leadership must be eliminated. Only then will Coruscant be ready to look outward to the rest of the Galaxy once more. 

3. Salliche (Bureaucratic Sycophants) 
Feed the galaxy. Humble and loyal servants of the galactic government - whichever government that might be, the aristocracy of Salliche craves order and wants to know that their place in the galaxy is assured. Though their destiny may not be to lead, they will pick up that mantle in the core if no one else is willing, because a small regional alliance is better then no alliance. 

4. Imperial Holdout World (Authoritarian Commune) 
Rebuild in the shadows and be born again in the light. The surviving military strategists and analysts ponder, what went wrong with the empire; the chaos of the Old Republic was caused by the mob rule of an unwieldy Senate with no centralized leadership... The obvious solution was a strong centralized government with unlimited power. But perhaps they went to far? Perhaps there is some middle way? Did the Empire vest too much power in too few individuals AND in too few ships? Maybe there is strength to be found in decentralized system - not in democracy, but in a sort of Unitary State with power and authority shared by those most competent to wield it. The grand experiment continues as the search for a new form of government begins.

5. Kuat (Aristocratic Birthright)
Democracy has failed. Empire has failed. It is time now to return to the old ways. Birthright. The Aristocracy has always existed, behind the scenes when not in the forefront, and it will always exist. The time has come to unite the aristocracies of the many worlds of the galaxy and build something that can and will stand the test of time. Blood. A government based on the birthright of those most fit to wield it. 

Inventor of the Praise Thread

A LONG TIME AGO...
[Round 3 : Lethe] [Round 4 : Kuat] [Round 7 : Kamino] [Round 8 : Admiral Daala, Grand Moff Ardus Kaine & Kessel, Pentastar Alignment] [Round 12 : Kamino] [Round 14 : Aargau] [Round 15 : Koensayr Manufacturing] [Round 16 : Restart Team Member, Pentastar Alignment] [Round 22 : Corellian Sector (Richard Nixon)] [Round 24 : Restart Team Member, Organizations Avatar]

SWD Chat Room

Xaph

Xaph

• Members
  • 47 posts

If I come back I think I'm gonna try to set up a PMC somehow.

Potestas

Potestas

Srips Baby Daddy

• Sub Avatars
  • 121 posts
  • LocationAt your Moms
Do you guys think theres enough info to include Vardos? Or is it too new? It was only just created for the Battlefront 2 storyline. Side Note the Inferno Squad book was actually really good.
"Man plans, God laughs."

"You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."
-Robert E. Lee

"Behind every gun sight is a human being.
We are those people. If history only remembers one in a thousand of us, then the future will be filled with stories of who we were and what we did. But until that day comes, we will stand. We will look death in the eye and we will fight."

“In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.”
– Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

K.H.

K.H.

I am reading Heir to the Jedi now and it has a Givin character in it that I think is awesome. I think the author took a class in differential equations just to make the character sound convincing. I think it would be fun to RP Yag'Dhul just to spew out math puns. 

• Sheriden likes this

WitchDoktor

WitchDoktor

• 595 posts

I'm looking for a snooty Core World that has a monarchy and has super heavy ship industries, and also not named Kuat. 

• Sheriden likes this

Round 6: Telos IV
Round 7: Ralltiir
Round 8: Sluis Van
Round X: Chiss Ascendancy, Sub Avatar
Round 11: Head Military Avatar, Skako
Round 12: Head Military Avatar, Head GPOL Avatar - Awards: Most User-Friendly Avatar, Best Overall Avatar, BH's 'Member of the Round' Award
Round 13: Neimoidia/Viceroy/HoS-CIS/Restart Team/Sub-Avatar - Awards: Best Arms Market
Round 14: Chiss Ascendancy, LOA
Round 15: Chief of Staff
Round 16: Corellia
Round 17: Chiss Ascendancy
Round 18: Induparan Crown Worlds/Coruscant - Awards: Most Politically Successful, Most Militarily Successful, Best Overall Player
Round 19: Ciutric Sector
Round 20: Seswenna Sector
Round 21: Mandalore, Eriadu Union State
Round 22/23: Head Avatar, Security Ops/Policy Avatar, Advisor, Senex-Juvex/Combined Syndicates/Ravnican Empire - Awards: Most Military Successful Player, Best MILI Action, Tekaryn Award for Multiple Personalities.

Round 24: Allied Tion/United Kingdoms of Tion

Round 25: Admiral Ackbar/Alliance Fleet

Round 26: Night Hammer Command/Imperial High Commander/Moff Tarkin - Awards: Best Arms Market, Villain of the Round

Proxy Moxie

Proxy Moxie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Eriadu or Mandalore and doing some empire building

WitchDoktor

WitchDoktor

• 595 posts

Eriadu or Mandalore and doing some empire building

......I'm listening

Round 12: Head Military Avatar, Head GPOL Avatar - Awards: Most User-Friendly Avatar, Best Overall Avatar, BH's 'Member of the Round' Award
Round 13: Neimoidia/Viceroy/HoS-CIS/Restart Team/Sub-Avatar - Awards: Best Arms Market
Round 18: Induparan Crown Worlds/Coruscant - Awards: Most Politically Successful, Most Militarily Successful, Best Overall Player
Round 22/23: Head Avatar, Security Ops/Policy Avatar, Advisor, Senex-Juvex/Combined Syndicates/Ravnican Empire - Awards: Most Military Successful Player, Best MILI Action, Tekaryn Award for Multiple Personalities.

Round 26: Night Hammer Command/Imperial High Commander/Moff Tarkin - Awards: Best Arms Market, Villain of the Round

Sheriden

Sheriden

a website treasure

• 135 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I'm looking for a snooty Core World that has a monarchy and has super heavy ship industries, and also not named Kuat. 

That's one of the theme's I'm interested in exploring as well. Maybe we could have a little aristocrat party and unify some bloodlines.

Inventor of the Praise Thread

A LONG TIME AGO...
[Round 3 : Lethe] [Round 4 : Kuat] [Round 7 : Kamino] [Round 8 : Admiral Daala, Grand Moff Ardus Kaine & Kessel, Pentastar Alignment] [Round 12 : Kamino] [Round 14 : Aargau] [Round 15 : Koensayr Manufacturing] [Round 16 : Restart Team Member, Pentastar Alignment] [Round 22 : Corellian Sector (Richard Nixon)] [Round 24 : Restart Team Member, Organizations Avatar]

SWD Chat Room

Marcus Darkstar

Marcus Darkstar

Veteran Member

• Administrators
  • 282 posts

Ill probably wind up with Kuat again since so many people actively avoid it. 

Round 9- Trantor
Round 10- Kuat
Round 11- Tech Avatar!
Round 12- Lianna/Tech Avatar/Invids
Round 13- Kuat!
Round 14- Left then Returned as Prakith
Round 15- GPOL Avatar
Round 16- Supreme Warlord Harrsk
Round 17- Returns to Kuat
Round 18- continues as Kuat
Round 19- Quelii Sector/ then became avatar.
Round 20- Chief of Staff, Head Avatar, Pol/Econ avatar
Round 21- Head Avatar
Round 22 - Back to Kuat, ensuring it isn't neglected anymore.
Round 23 - continued as Kuat again
Round 24 - Besadii Hutts party time!
Round 25 - Greater Maldrood Warlord
Round 26 - Bilbringi

Shadows

Shadows

The One and Only Shadows

• Administrators
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
Fuck if I know. I don't even know if I will play at this point.

SWD Chat Server on Kiwi IRC

SWD Owner | Some form of staff member... probably...

K.H.

K.H.

I really enjoyed playing the Tionese a few rounds ago, so I am looking at The Kingdom of Cron or the Tion Hegemony again. Maybe go with the Cron this time, since they are supposed to be the more polished group, although the main character in Twilight Company was from the Tion Hegemony and he was pretty cool. Other than that, the alien races look fun. I think I could pull off the Neimoidians, the Bothans or the Twi'leks. An insect race would be an interesting challenge, using the Gromflomites from Rick and Morty as characters. Like maybe the Verpine or the Killiks? Lots of fun things on the board out there. 

• Sheriden likes this

The Connatic

The Connatic

• Members
  • 14 posts

I'll take any old random backwater and/or down trodden place and try to make it an underdog story that never comes to fruition :lol:

Centrality actually sounds interesting though.

Potestas

Potestas

Srips Baby Daddy

• Sub Avatars
  • 121 posts
  • LocationAt your Moms
I think I want to do Colla IV
"Man plans, God laughs."

"You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."
-Robert E. Lee

We are those people. If history only remembers one in a thousand of us, then the future will be filled with stories of who we were and what we did. But until that day comes, we will stand. We will look death in the eye and we will fight."

Marcus Darkstar

Marcus Darkstar

Veteran Member

• Administrators
  • 282 posts

I think I want to do Colla IV

You just want to eat people. 

• Potestas likes this
Round 9- Trantor
Round 10- Kuat
Round 11- Tech Avatar!
Round 13- Kuat!
Round 15- GPOL Avatar
Round 21- Head Avatar
Round 26 - Bilbringi

Potestas

Potestas

Srips Baby Daddy

• Sub Avatars
  • 121 posts
  • LocationAt your Moms

Is that so much to ask?
"Man plans, God laughs."

-Robert E. Lee

Marcus Darkstar

Marcus Darkstar

Veteran Member

• Administrators
  • 282 posts

Is that so much to ask?

yes?

Round 9- Trantor
Round 10- Kuat
Round 11- Tech Avatar!
Round 13- Kuat!
Round 15- GPOL Avatar
Round 21- Head Avatar
Round 26 - Bilbringi

WitchDoktor

WitchDoktor

• 595 posts

Not people, just dudes

Potestas

Potestas

Srips Baby Daddy

• Sub Avatars
  • 121 posts
  • LocationAt your Moms

Not people, just dudes

All of um. One dick two dick red dick blue dick.
"Man plans, God laughs."

-Robert E. Lee

WitchDoktor

WitchDoktor

• 595 posts

All of um. One dick two dick red dick blue dick.

Gooble gooble gooble gooble gooble

Lothrain

Lothrain

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA
Don't knock it 'til you try it. Dick is delicious.
  • Sheriden likes this
"Individual Ambition Serves the Common Good." -Adam Smith

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

dafurr